Consumer Unit Upgrade & Replacement
Are you thinking of upgrading your old fuse box or consumer unit?
Modern consumer units (also known as Distribution Boards or Fuse Boxes) have many built in safety features & advantages, these include:
– Residual Current Protection Devices (RCD’s) which can save lives, prevent fire and comply with the requirements of the current Wiring Regulations – 17th Edition).
– Made from inflammable material, helping prevent serious electrical fires.
– Modern Circuit Breakers – fast disconnection times, easier maintenance & more user friendly.
From £450 plus VAT
Before your fuse box is upgraded or consumer unit changed, we will visit your property to survey the current electrical installation to ascertain what size board you require as well as check the basic condition of your electrics to make sure it is safe to proceed. If any urgent remedial work is required before your consumer unit can be installed this will need to be completed before we can start.
How long does it take
It normally takes a full day to install your new consumer unit, including full inspection and testing of the circuits being connected to the new board.
Problems with old fuse boxes
Old fuse boxes can present the following problems and risks:
- Made from flammable material that can cause a serious household fire.
- Not provide suitable protection against over current or electric shock
- Hard to maintain in a safe condition
We are NICEIC approved: D607131
Upon completion of the installation of your consumer unit we will provide you with an Electrical Installation Certificate as well as notifying Building Control of the work.
Upgrade & Installation of Garage / Outbuilding Consumer Units.
The correct installation of Garage Consumer Units requires a qualified electrician, contact us to discuss your requirements and be safe in the knowledge that your installation will be safe, suitable and certified.