Did you know that 65% of home fire deaths result from fires in home with no working smoke alarm!
We install reliable Smoke Alarms to give you better piece of mind to protect your family and your home.
Every year, over half of accidental domestic fires in the UK are caused by electricity. Most of these are caused by electrical products, either through misuse or faults. Over half of these electrical fires start in the kitchen, with cooking appliances and white goods the main cause.
In domestic properties you should make sure that you have a working smoke alarm on each floor of your property.
Here’s some more tips on avoiding electrical fires:
- Have the electrical installation checked by a registered electrician, this is called an Electrical Installation Condition Report or EICR.
- Consider having RCD’s fitted if you haven’t already.
- Don’t store combustible materials close to your electricity meter or fusebox, particularly if these are under the stairs (a fire escape for upper levels).
- Don’t overload electrical adaptors by plugging too many appliances into one socket, especially those with a high electrical current rating such as kettles, irons and heaters.
- Check your sockets regularly – if you see burn marks or they feel hot, get a registered electrician to check if they need repairing or replacing.
The smoke alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
Smart smoke and carbon monoxide alarm. Industrial-grade, split-spectrum sensor detects fast and slow-burning fires. Can be controlled from, and will send alerts to, a smart phone. Sensor lasts up to 10 years.